Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Craft Bug

The craft bug has bitten again. This time, inspiration and motivation arrived after I picked up Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew, One Project at a Time


A few Black Fridays ago, I purchased some fat quarters of beautiful fabric I intended to make into cloth napkins. Using this book, especially for the mitered corner tutorial, I was able to make these little beauties:



Up next? The reversible tote with a flat bottom on page 108.

I have also been struggling with how to decorate the house for spring as well as how to make the space above the kitchen cabinets look nicer. More on that later, 'cause I've been doing some shopping and making K crazy as I deliberate. Anyhoo, back on the crafty track...I found a tutorial online on making easy robins eggs out of Dollar Tree styrafoam eggs. That turned out pretty cute:


My "decor store" is set up on a shelf in the basement, so please forgive the not so cute background.


In other news, I began a casual search for a sewing box yesterday. I didn't want just any ol' thing, so I looked at Etsy and Ebay first. Look what I came across and immediately rearranged my evening to drive to Olathe to get:




Yep. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment