Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Adventures in Craig's Listing: featuring Johnson County's finest






So, in an effort to get rid of accumulated clutter, I listed a bunch of items on Craig's List a few days ago. I received an inquiry about my leather desk chair. You can find the post here: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1389508835.html

The email exchange with this guy was ridiculous, right down to his final "retort." I guess if you have no idea that Northeast is a neighborhood in downtown Kansas City or if you're an internet predator, my location was vague. But who gives out their address until they're certain someone is coming to pick up an item? I love that he slipped in a signature at the end to let me know he is a deputy sheriff. I'm tempted to send this exchange to the county manager's office to show him/her know what this employee uses his county email account for.


From: HIM
To: ME

is the chair still available? where are you located?




From: ME
To: HIM


Good morning.
The chair is still available. I live in downtown Kansas City, in the old Northeast area.

Heather



From: HIM
To: ME

how is the condition of the chair, and would you be willing to meet me somewhere with it? I live in Olathe

From: ME
To: HIM


It is is very good condition. I can bring it to Midtown during the week.





From: HIM
To: ME

Midtown where?? Just let me know asap because I have my eye on another chair as well. I'm just trying to see which one is more convienant for me to pick up



From: ME
To:
HIM


The Starbuck's parking lot on Main would work.



From: HIM
To: ME



Ok, can I meet you tomorrow afternoon at this location? I'm off TUE/WED. What was your asking price again?? If it's in good condition I'll take it tomorrow, at the Starbucks on Main



From: HIM
To:
ME


I also really couldnt tell in the photo, but does the chair show a lot of wear on the seat & arms??



From: ME
To: HIM

As I said, it is in very good condition. It shows no wear whatsoever. As my description said, I am asking $15. However, I have invested way over $15 worth of time with you already and I am now unwilling to haul the chair into Midtown for you. If you want it, you can come to my house and pick it up. As I said before, I live in Northeast. Let me know if you're still interested, and I'll send you my address.



From: HIM
To:
ME


No longer interested. I had a lot of questions because your decription was vague, as well as your location. Not to mention the worst photos I have ever seen. Didn't want to drive 40 miles for something I didnt want. I purchased one last night from someone else. Sorry you wasted so much of your time Heather.

Eric Walker
Deputy Sheriff 815/1369
Johnson County Sheriff's Department
Cell: 913-269-4586



1 comment: